Winners of 2023 “Show Your Independence” Art Contest Announced
SHREVEPORT, La. – An annual tradition for the past decade, the Radiance Technologies Independence Bowl will be awarding Caddo and Bossier Parish students from Kindergarten through 12th grade with tickets to the 2023 Radiance Technologies Independence Bowl through the “Show Your Independence” Art Contest. The winners – first, second and third place from each grade – were announced on Friday and will receive two tickets each to the bowl game on Saturday, December 16.
The Radiance Technologies Independence Bowl started the “Show Your Independence” Art Contest 10 years ago. The contest asks students to draw what the word “independence” means to them, and three students from each grade are named the winners of the contest. The winners selected are awarded with two tickets to the Independence Bowl annually, and their artwork is displayed at the game and online at RadianceTechnologiesIndependenceBowl.com.
The winners of the 2023 contest are as follows:
- Beaux Bullard — Herndon Magnet
- Isaac M. Davis — Blanchard Elementary
- Mayer Zitlin — Eden Gardens Elementary
- Maggie Courtney — Herndon Magnet
- Rickeylond Williams — Riverside Elementary
- Teal Larson — A.C. Steere
- Jeremiah Cannon — Blanchard Elementary
- Evan Dai — Eden Gardens Elementary
- Mayvy Tran — St. John Berchmans
- Lillian Paine — Eden Gardens Elementary
- Wyatt Matson — Kingston Elementary
- Isabelle Hall — University Elementary
- Michelle Martin — A.C. Steere
- Miracle Pennington — Kingston Elementary
- Isabel Watkins — Fairfield Elementary
- Madeline J. Roppolo — St. John Berchmans
- Madeleine Maier — Fairfield Elementary
- Callie Wilson — Benton Intermediate
- Asher Hagans — Youree Drive Middle School
- Molly McLellan — Youree Drive Middle School
- Cadence Olsen — Greenacres Middle School
- Slendora Johnson — Greenacres Middle School
- Amelia Bennett — Youree Drive Middle School
- Emma Finton — St. John Berchmans
- Kevin Tolentino — Youree Drive Middle School
- Shahid Shawakha — Greenacres Middle School
- Lila Lee White — St. John Berchmans
- Raegan Cooksey — Airline High School
- Brooklyn Liddell — Word of God Academy
- Jocelyn Rhodes — Airline High School
- Sabeel Khattab — Airline High School
- Aniyah Palms — Word of God Academy
- Kayla Thermidor — Word of God Academy
- Diego Cepeda — Airline High School
- Juan Sanchez Gutierrez — Airline High School
- Mikah VonSenden — Word of God Academy
- Tymauri Harris — Airline High School
- Gianna Hill — Airline High School
- Estefany Diaz — Airline High School
The 47th edition of the Radiance Technologies Independence Bowl is set for Saturday, December 16 at 8:15 p.m. between the Big 12 Conference and Pac-12 Conference. Various ticket options are on sale now for the Saturday night playing of Shreveport-Bossier’s annual bowl game. Endzone Bench, Sideline Bench and Sideline Chairback tickets are available at RadianceTechnologiesIndependenceBowl.com/tickets. Great ticket packages – including group tickets, Family Four-Packs, Small Business Fan-Packs and premium options – are available online or by calling the Radiance Technologies Independence Bowl office at 318.221.0712 or toll-free at 888.414.BOWL.
Radiance Technologies Independence Bowl Week will also feature a plethora of free and ticketed events for local and traveling fans of all ages to enjoy. The FCA Breakfast will kick off the public event schedule on Thursday, December 14 at 7:30 a.m. at Riverview Hall. The following night, the eve of the 2023 Radiance Technologies Independence Bowl, local and traveling fans will all gather in the East Bank District for the free Rally on the Red. The Rally on the Red will feature four free events and runs from 6:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Friday, December 15. Finally, on game day on Saturday, December 16, the week of public events will culminate with Coca-Cola Fan Fest from 12-7:30 p.m. in the Silver Lot outside of Independence Stadium – leading fans into the 8:15 p.m. kickoff of the 47th Radiance Technologies Independence Bowl.
Fans can plan their trip to Shreveport for the 2023 Radiance Technologies Independence Bowl at www.FindYourLouisiana.com. For information on Independence Stadium rules and the clear bag policy, please visit RadianceTechnologiesIndependenceBowl.com/stadium-rules/.
ABOUT THE RADIANCE TECHNOLOGIES INDEPENDENCE BOWL™
Established in 1976, the Radiance Technologies Independence Bowl™ is college football’s 11th most-historic bowl game – celebrating its 47th edition on Saturday, December 16, 2023 at 8:15 p.m. CT with a matchup of the Big 12 Conference and Pac-12 Conference on ESPN. The Independence Bowl Foundation announced a one-year extension with Radiance Technologies – ensuring they will be the title sponsor through 2025. The bowl’s conference, team, and television agreements also run through the 2025 season. Army West Point and the Big 12 are slated to match up against a rotation of the Pac-12 Conference, American Athletic Conference and Conference USA, which will be televised on an ESPN network.
The Independence Bowl Foundation is prevalent in the Shreveport-Bossier City area throughout the year, hosting events to help enhance the economic impact and growth of our community. The Mission of the Independence Bowl is to attract and provide quality, nationally recognized football competition oriented to the Ark-La-Tex region. For more information, visit RadianceTechnologiesIndependenceBowl.com or follow the bowl on Facebook, X and Instagram at @IndyBowl.
Independence Bowl Foundation
P.O Box 1723, Shreveport LA 71166 | 401 Market Street, Shreveport, LA 71101 | 318.221.0712